This is a very important division of the Institute. The research and evaluation studies of the Institute are well planned and carried out on the basis of research projects on various themes of the national and regional importance in the area of socio-economic development. The studies undertaken at the Institute cover a wide range of subjects and themes with primary focus on socio-economic-cultural development across India. The Institute has conducted 101 studies so far.
The major aspects of studies are included rural development, women and rural youth. Studies have also been undertaken on the conditions and problems of disadvantaged groups especially women, scheduled castes and tribals. Most of the studies are funded by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Ministry of Textiles, Ministry of Rural Development, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerments, Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Environment and Forest, NITI Ayog (Then Planning Commission), Government of India, New Delhi. The Institute is also entrusted by the Ministries to undertake evaluation study and organizing seminars/ camps and conferences with their financial support.
Research Studies going on at present:
- FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR UNEQUAL BURDEN OF FAMILY PLANNING METHODS ON WOMEN; AN EVALUATIVE STUDY OF SELECTED STATES OF INDIA sponsored by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, New Delhi. Covering Area: Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar and Chhattisgarh
During the preceding years the Institute conducted following studies in the respective areas:
Social Science Evaluation and Research Studies conducted during the year:
- ASSESSMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME OF MUSLIM GIRLS IN MADARASA AND MUQTAB IN UTTAR PRADESH AND BIHAR sponsored by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, New Delhi. Covering Area: Under the study Rampur, Aligarh, Gonda districts were selected from Uttar Pradesh and Hazipur, Rohtas and Darbhanga districts were selected from Bihar State
- A STUDY OF CHILDREN DEPENDENT OF PROSTITUTES IN SELECTED AREAS OF UTTAR PRADESH sponsored by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Women and Child Development, Government of India, New Delhi. Covering Area: Kanpur, Lucknow, Sultanpur, Hardoi, Meerut and Allahabad.
- CHILDREN OF JAIL WOMEN IN UTTAR PRADESH financed & sponsored by Planning Commission, Government of India, New Delhi. Covering Area: Lucknow, Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Barabanki, Sultanpur, Rai Bareli, Allahabad, Agra, Meerut, Balia, Ghazipur, Jaunpur, Fatehpur, Hardoi, Unnao, Azamgarh, Sitapur, Bandar, Bareilly, Kanpur, Jhansi of Uttar Pradesh.
- A HISTORICAL STUDY OF PEASANTS ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE AND MOVEMENT IN UTTAR PRADESH sponsored and financed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Education, Indian Council of Historical Research, New Delhi. Covering Area: Gorakhpur, Azamgarh, Ballia, Ghazipur from Eastern part of Uttar Pradesh.
- AN EVALUATION STUDY OF TRIBAL DEVELOPMENT CO-OPERATIVE CORPORATION (TDCC) IN ENHENCING THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC CONDITIONS OF SCHEDULED TRIBES: WITH SPECIAL REFERNCE TO MADHYA PRADESH AND BIHARsponsored and financed by the department of tribal Development, Ministry of Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. Covering Area: Palamau (Bihar) and Morena (Madhya Pradesh).
- A STUDY OF PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION AMONG STREET CHILDREN IN SLUM AREAS OF UTAR PRADESH sponsored by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, New Delhi Covering Area: Varanasi, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Agra.
- HEALTH CARE FOR WOMEN AND GIRL CHILDREN: A STUDY OF MORTALITY RATES IN UTTAR PRADESH AND UTTARANCHAL sponsored by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. National Commission for Women, Government of India, New Delhi. Covering Area: Udham Singh Nagar, Pithoragarh, Dehradun from Uttarakhand and Azamgarh, Jhansi and Sitapur from Uttar Pradesh.
- CHILD MARRIAGE IN INDIA- A STUDY OF SITUATION, CAUSES & ENFORCEMENT OF PROHIBITION OF CHILD MARRIAGE ACT sponsored by Planning Commission, Government of India, New Delhi. Covering area: Bihar (Nalanda West-Champaran), Rajasthan ( Jhunjhunu Udaipur), Jharkhand (Dhanbad Singhbhum), Uttar Pradesh (Bhadohi Baghpat), Madhya Pradesh (Hosangabad Vidisha), Chhatisgarh (Rajnandgaon Bilaspur), West Bengal (Bardhman Jalpaiguri), Maharastra (Nagpur Aurangabad), Gujarat (Surat Himmatnagar), Orissa (Balasore Keonjhar).
- INFORMATION NEEDS ASSESSMENT IN UTTAR PRADESH – Commissioned by ISRO, Government of India, Ahmedabad, Gujarat Covering Areas: Barabanki, Faizabad, Basti, Mainpuri, Lalitpur, Kannauj, Kanpur, Shravasti, Rampur, Meerut, Ghazipur, Pratapgarh, Mathura and Banda.
- AN EVALUATION STUDY OF COACHING AND ALLIED SCHEME FOR SCHEDULED CASTE IN INDIA , supported by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, New Delhi. Covering Areas: Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, and Delhi
- COMMUNICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR DISASTER MANAGEMENT IN UTTARAKHAND, This project is sponsored by Indian Space Research Organization, Government of India, New Delhi. Coverage: Pithoragarh, Uttarkashi and Rudra Prayag
- HEALTH ASSESSMENT IN UP Supported by Population Foundation of India, HUP
- EFFECTIVENESS OF TEACHERS TRAINING IN UTTAR PRADESH Supported by DIET, KANPUR